Kia ora WhānauYes it is camp week. It feels like just the other day we we were starting the year and you all found out we go on camp in November, well here we are!!!!
So what do you need to know:
- We head off from school just after 9:30 on Wednesday and we will return by 2:30 on Friday.
- Please check your gear list to make sure you have everything that your child needs to be warm and cosy on camp.
- Sunblock is a must and this needs to be NAMED and with enough to last the whole camp.
- Sunhats, all students need to bring their NAMED school hat, no caps will be allowed on camp.
- All items, no matter how small, need to be NAMED.
- Please see below information on our timetable, activities etc.
- Medication needs to come to Molly, on Monday morning, in a named bag with instructions.
We know your child and you maybe feeling a bit anxious about this up coming adventure. We have a great team going and we know and understand your child. They will have an amazing time.
Parents coming on camp (there has been a couple of changes)
- Jess Kerr
- Catherine Polden
- Jodi Williamson
- Kate Walton
- Hannah Leary
- Chris Miller
- Paul Clemence
- Scott Pritchard
- Boyd Chamberlain
- Laurie Ward
Camp Gear List
- Large bag or suitcase (to keep everything in)
- Day pack
- Sleeping bag
- Blanket (in case it turns cold at night)
- Pillow & pillow case
- PJ’s (please no onesies)
- Warm jersey or bush shirt (woollen or fleece)
- T-shirts (enough for each day)
- Underwear - enough for each day
- Thermal Underwear – (polypropylene or Long Johns)
- Socks (enough for each day + a spare pair)
- Waterproof jacket / raincoat preferably with hood
- Sneakers/Covered shoes (these are necessary for activities)
- Spare shoes, sandals or Jandals (not suitable for activities)
- Toilet Bag: Toothbrush /Toothpaste/ Face Cloth / Soap/Hair brush
- Drink Bottle
- Torch and spare batteries
- Towel Togs (suggest one piece for girls)
- Sun hat (SCHOOL HAT ONLY)
- Sun block and Insect repellent
- Plastic bags (for dirty & wet clothes)
- Medication (to be given to camp leader/teacher with written instructions)
- A good sense of fun
Most of our camp activities run rain or shine. Please come prepared for fun and adventure no matter what the weather. The items on this list are things we suggest you should bring so that you can make the most of your time at camp. You may need to borrow from friends and family if you do not have these items.
Please make sure everything is clearly named.
Ngā mihi nui
Paula, Molly and Hayley